Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dairy Queen and and the Upsidedown Toaster

So we finished up another t-shirt order! This one was for Kelly Haight and her friends (check out her blog Whoa, dream big.). These shirts turned out really cool with some fancy font work we did, and as you can see in the pics, we had names put on the back of the shirts as well. We got a new emulsion kit that saved us time and money and allowed us to screen print the names on instead of doing iron-on's like we had planned. It gave us a much sturdier and precise screen as well. Check them out!




        So, I am also sitting next to my brother Evan right now, who commented on our toaster. He says, "It looks like its upside down, but its not..." Its true. This toaster is wider at the top than at the bottom, kind of the opposite of any other toaster we have ever had. We've moved into a new apartment and the toaster belongs to our roommate. I wonder if he knows that his toaster looks like it is upside down. Maybe he bought it that way on purpose. I don't know, but at least the rest of our apartment is right side up. I love our new apartment, or town house as I like to refer to it. Its in a small complex, and each unit has a basement, main floor, and upstairs bedrooms. It is SO COOL! It feels like an actual house and not some wannabe apartment dorm place (Liberty Square, I'm talking about you). So glad to be out of that place, and I am excited to meet the ward on Sunday. So far, everyone has been pretty nice. But I made the mistake of being too friendly... I was washing the outside of the townhouse and said hello to a guy walking by, introduced myself, to which he replied, "Oh, so you are new in the ward! I am the ward clerk and I would like to get you to fill out a info sheet and take your picture!" So much for laying low the first couple weeks to avoid hard core callings. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment